Sep 19, 2011

Nokia C7 Chronicle: The Disaster Wedding

The Nokia C7 Chronicle continues, Day 20 of Nokia C7 with Symbian Anna on board, a very busy day with a fully booked event schedule, Disaster Management lecture and Drill in the morning and a wedding of a co-worker's daughter in the afternoon. Well, the Disaster Drill is very important being a core area in the Benchbook Program while the wedding is equally important being given 1 of the most coveted 7 tickets set solely for the hospital staffs. But of course I'm only up to the reception and banquet after the ceremony. It was held in Bethany Gardens and Resort Ozamis City, not an impressive place but its the best that Ozamis can offer for couples with tight budget. Disaster in the morning, wedding in the afternoon, Disaster wedding in short. ;)

06:00 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

As usual, start the day right by doing my morning chores. As I checked my social stream via Gravity, there's a commotion going in the smartphone world as news popped-in that Nokia Windows Phone will not be coming out until Q1 2012. Of course this was just a hearsay and I myself don't believe so having a great confidence that the company will release the phone as planned but will be in gradual phase, country by country. Well, I hope its indeed not true because it will be devastating for Nokia since the competitions were all set to release there own Windows Phone Mango by Christmas or earlier than that.

I did charge my Nokia C7 full bar and decided to test its camera and battery prowess since it will be subjected to 2 photo and power demanding events. Will the phone survive the ordeal?

07:30 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

Left abode for work. The first power consuming application covered was the music player as I turn it on while traveling. I hooked my WH-701 earbud stereo headphone from my lust green Nokia N8 and blast it full volume. Nokia C7 has only WH-102 stereo headphone as a paired music accessory with below average performance so I have to take another headphone with me. I do suggest you get yourself a better headphone for the Nokia C7 if you're planning to buy the phone.

08:10 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

Arrived early at work with a bit of excitement. Emergency drill would mean we get to try fire extinguishers, evacuation and even dodge on the fire trucks hose just like last year but we were disappointment to find out that the fire truck wasn't available and that we will only have to do a lecture on Disaster Management. We missed all the fun parts!

While waiting, I took a few snaps of what was happening around. The images produce by Nokia C7 so far were above average than typical cameraphones. Whats different with the phone was its focal length and aperture giving images a wider photo coverage than usual. The absence of auto-focus did manifest as shown on the first picture below where the announcement paper came out a bit blurry after a close range snapshot. The rest of the images were good given a better lightning condition.

Battery is still full as I checked.









09:30 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

The lecture started and as planned, I took all the live prints that were happening. Well, glad that I did because the lecture was so boring. It was quite the opposite last year since we had all the actions covered. Just watch the faces of the people listening for proof.

Pictures.. I did get a few dark images particularly on the scenario's where I took the it against dominant light. If these were taken on a Nokia N8, flash would have worked. Also took a bit of videos to remind me in the future how boring it was, like really!

















11:30 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

Wrap the lecture up and it was indeed a disaster! Come to think of it, where just setting around and listening, and they call it a drill.

Battery checked, 3 bars down. The phone did drain fast with the use of the camera. I suspect it was due to the GPS tagging feature of the phone that automatically add coordinates to the image taken. It was more of annoying than helpful because it keeps on popping warnings on the screen that it can't detect my location. Well, I hope Nokia will provide option to turn this feature off.

12:30 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

Change course and set myself up for the wedding. I was hoping that it can change my sleepy mode. I arrive in the church past 2 pm, wedding started at 1pm so it means that I missed the ceremony on purpose. I did went inside the church though and take a few snaps. I then went outside and fired the Foursquare using the network data to connect to the internet and checked-in. I do socialize using Foursquare and if your interested in adding me up, Click Here.

Battery Check, another bar down leaving me with only 3 bars left.









15:00 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

After all the hustles and nuzzles, we finally arrive at the reception area. It was quite far from from the church so we have to travel. It actually took 20 minutes of our valuable time making everyone hungry and tired. Good thing that Bethany Gardens has Wifi signal so I got entertain a bit. I checked in using Fourquare again and checked my social stream.

I did another rounds of snapshots, this time in a low light conditions since the reception was indoors. Images weren't very impressive with lots of noise in the background. The flash sometimes illuminates to much that it overexpose images nor completely the opposite. I never had a perfect shoot in short.

Here are some of the sample images taken.

















I did enjoy the reception because the food serve were unlimited. Its like we could eat our hearts out destroying my diet for the day. I also had a wonderful company so it was more fun and enjoyable.

Battery check, on the red bar. The use of flash is a big factor here as I suspect and also that the area doesn't have a SIM signal, so the phone keeps on checking and refreshing its status.

16:00 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

Head back home and call it a day. I was very uncomfortable the rest of the night since I'm very full and that I felt guilty of what I've eaten. A day of disaster for my diet.

18:00 Hours, +8 GMT, September 15, 2011

Set aside my geeky lifestyle and face my Law books. I need to catch up with a lot of stuffs that I missed from my absent last weekend.

C7 also drained this time performing only within 9 hours from its last charge. Quite impressive actually after exposing it to a harsh ordeal. Most of the time, it last more than a day or two when used normally.

2 comments:

you can actually turn off the tagging features in C7. just go to settings> and change your save location info to NO.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...