Mar 22, 2009

Religious Journey: Birhen Sa Regla

One of my most missed activity in Cebu was my devotion to the Birhen sa Regla of Lapu-lapu City. It was quite a weird devotion because I'm single and I don't definitely pray to bear kids as most of the devotees who have been beseeching Virgin Mary for miracles. It was a devotion I didn't expect to commit in to.


One of the major driving factor of this was my likeness to travel and sea breeze. Living along Urgello Street Cebu City, Lapu-lapu City is a far away place to travel and one of the best and the fastest way to reach it is through a boat ride cruising along the Cebu Mactan Channel and thats how it lead me to choose this place to worship, the boat ride. Sto Nino Church would have been my best choice because near and accessible being within Cebu City proper.

Its like, I have to crunch half day of my Sunday for this which I would usually start at around 7am. From the house, my first stop is the wharf of Pier 3 where I am to ride a boat, Metro Ferry going to Opon wharf where the church was located.

The ferry boat cost at around 15 pesos for regular passengers while student and senior citizens discounts have less 3 pesos. The trip will last for 30 minutes and you will be indulge into a breezy and relaxing boat ride with a pinch of sight seeing along the Mactan Cebu channel. You will see this scenery's.

1 comments:

Loving everything. That's what I try to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...