Mar 18, 2009

V31.0.16 Firmware Update For Nokia N82

News about the latest firmware upgrade of Nokia N82, the v31.0.16 came out January 26, 2009 with European versions on the front row, 54 days after, it have arrived finally to my phones product code, 0566162. This code is exclusive for Philippine Black version of the device and Nokia have been progressively distributing upgrades by codes as they have several versions being sold in the market.
So how thus this process benefits Nokia and consumers? Simple, it will give them time to correct any flaws made on a certain firmware code thus correcting pitfalls before it reached other codes. Their were no such thing as perfect firmware, only rooms for improvements.

Nokia have been very keen also in firmware upgrades, in fact they've been promoting the benefits of updating the Nokia device firmware for decades now which include getting new features, applications, and performance improvements to the device. I love this service by Nokia and I'm looking forward for more of this in the coming years.

Some of the improvements I notice in the firmware:
1. Maps Loads Faster
2. GPS Locks Faster 8 Bleaks (impressive)
3. Deepen Bass, More differentiation on my Ear Bud Headphone
4. Loudspeaker, Reduce Noise, A bit cleared sound and a bit louder
5. No ticking noise in using maps and music player at the same time and doesn't hang anymore (applause)
6. New download page, Panoman can now be downloaded for free (good stuff)
7. Phone Memory Boast, before upgrade, 20.5 MB (I already use the 100 MB), after the upgrade, it went up to 30.7 MB

Some bugs noticed:
1. The Xenon Flash now produce white noise on the side of the image when the subject I'm taking is far like that of a less lit Landscape Scenery. This really annoys me since I have no problem like this with the old firmware version and I'm fun of taking such images.
2. Skyfire stops working - It says Error in locating authentication? (weird)
3. Messaging Bug. When I received text messages, the middle button, surrounded by the DPAD doesn't open the message anymore directly from the standby screen, when you click the button, it will only give me a blank page and I still need to open the messaging application to be able to read the new message.

This is the very first time that I notice weird things after an upgrade and the very first time also that I regret doing so, the Xenon Flash Bug really annoys me, hopefully Nokia could come up with another upgrade to correct this bugs.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...