Apr 13, 2009

A Quick Recap! American Idol 8

Just a quick recap friends, I know it's to late by now to throw a recap since the American Idol episode was shown last Wednesday and Thursday and you probably know about the result and everything already. I believe its the best option to gave way to Holy day topics since it only happens once a year and this blog was themed out of Love and what more was the greatest Love ever given, God's Love.

I did watch the Wednesday and Thursday episode of American Idol since it was shown on Star World and I have to say that the performance episode was the most heated performance night so far. Things were shaping up for some contestants while the rest was breaking into pieces. To mention the best shape up, Adam Lambert, the only contestant that's railing its way to winning while on the opposite side was Lil Rounds, the only contestant that has lost her edge as the competition progress. I've never been so happy on this situation, I've been very vocal that I don't like Lil right from the start and that goes to Danny Gokey as well.

As for my remaining beats, Anoop Desai was bouncing up and down the ledge and I'm afraid that elimination will be his next call. I wish Lil goes home early than him because he is a good singer, soulful and serene. Kris Allen's momentum was a bit cut off this week since he had a rough performance night but overall he is still making a good progress. Matt Giraud made a good impression this week as well as Alysson Iraheta, hopefully they will pull something great again next week to put a heat on Danny and Lil.

I love most of the song that was featured, they all butchered Classic songs from the year they were born expect for Alysson who was born on the 90's. One of the most stellar, in my opinion was Scott McIntyre's, The Search Is Over, I love the rendition and the arrangement but the peachy voice erks a bit that's why he was voted out this week. I will surely miss the passionate performances of Scott. Cool vibe Part Time Lover by Matt was also fantastic, I love the way he rehashed the song making it more up to date with a beat that groove and awesome vocals. Alysson's version of I Can't Make You Love Me was a bomb, I love the song and she was great and so is Anoop's version of True Colors.

The most remarkable though was Adam Lamberts interpretation of Mad World. It was one of the best rendition and vocals I've heard so far in the competition added up with dramatic illusion, making it a dynamite performance that sealed his position on the top spot eclipsing the boring, Danny Gokey. At least now I'm a bit sure that Danny will not win if he makes it to the final two because Adam will outshine him.

Okay, I downloaded most of the songs I like adding up to my ever growing American Idol 8 playlist. More to come I believe with a couple of weeks more to go before the Finals. I'll be posting my downloaded AI performance here in the coming days so keep it right here.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...