Sep 19, 2008

The Amazing Race 3

My most favorite television show in Asia is back again on AXN, The Amazing Race Asia. I've been a big fan of the show ever since it aired 2 years ago, and will be an enthusiast for the rest of my life, maybe. hehehe

Its because of the adventure, travel and excitement that made me hook up to this show, I love to travel, going to places, I love adventure and I love the idea of pitting up contestants from different Asian countries to compete, it ushers nationality and team spirit to viewers. I like the original Amazing Race too but I just cant relate to them being Americans.

There are 10 teams competing this season, 2 teams from Thailand, India and Malaysia while 1 team for Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong and my team Philippines. What I notice with this seasons teams was that majority of the participants are celebrities from their own country.

Teams Thailand have a Miss Universe 2005 and Miss Earth Thailand 2006, hot and sexy tandem. Second team is an Actress and Model tandem, pretty interesting team up here as the actress got attitude.

Teams Malaysia have TV host, actress and a chef, a strong sibling team while the other team has an actress, producer, an all girl tandem.

Teams India have an Actor with it, sort of a father and son tandem while the second team has a model with it.

Team South Korea has a sports TV host on it, an all male tag team.

Hong Kong have a comedian and host, also and all male tandem.

Singapore have a director and a free lance writer on the team, an all girl tandem and weak I believe, producers intended to cast a weak team from Singapore to give chances for other countries to win as well, Season 1 and 2 was won by Singaporeans.

Finally, my team Philippines (left inset picture) has Geoff Rodriguez, a Model, and Tisha Silang, former Miss Philippines Universe, a strong and competitive couple. Well this be the team who will bring the beacon for the country? Hope so!

Amazing Race Asia have already become a big hit in the region that celebrities are now opting to join, it not about the price anymore as the main reason for joining the race, its about international exposure that this celebrities will get upon joining that might help their respective carrier.

You can access the Amazing Race Asia on AXN and stay tuned for more of The Amazing Race updates on this Blog.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...