Oct 3, 2011

Nokia C2-03 Touch and Type: First Impression

One of the most popular phone in the mobilephone world at the moment is the Nokia C2-03, an entry level device that combines touch user interface and numeric T9 pad into a sliding form factor and two SIM's that work synonymously all at the same time. I call it a phone with split personality and no its not a disorder but a fortune to a lot of people.

The phone is an obvious stunner, I've have the Golden White version and it looks classy and beautiful. The striking part of the phone is the metal-like lower part both front and back giving a solid impression. Sliding the keypad out reveals the gold colored T9 pad that were well space and indented that you can text on it even without looking at the keypad. It also has a good keypad depth that resulted to a good tactile feedback.

The slide mechanism is very much compact with no wobble at all, slide out or in. Nokia had manage to polished this form factor well from its long line history of slider phones. The rest of the phones cover is cheap plastic which is very much prone to scratches. It will be best to buy a back cover of this phone for protection.

Software-wise, its my first time to use an S40 touch interface and to be very honest, I was a bit disoriented with the way it works having used the capacitative Nokia N8 and C7 for quite sometime. I can't even slide the touch icons on the menu up and down at first making me wished that it has a DPad but after a little while of adjustments, its worked fine. The touch interface was very responsive though with its haptic feedback mechanism working very well to compensate.

The dual SIM works perfectly fine, it combines information's from both phone lines into one app, like for instance in messages, the SMS where under one inbox and numbered from the line it was sent which I find much better than my current china made dual SIM phone, its not as confusing. I still have to find out though if it doesn't have a signal problem like most of the chinese dual SIM phones have.

Well, I guess this will be all for now folks, I will have a full review of this phone in the upcoming days as well as run through videos to show its full user interface. For the moment enjoy this few images taken from my lust green Nokia N8.












0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...