Jan 30, 2013

Jabra Street Stereo Bluetooth Headset BT3030, Listen To Music, The Coolest Way!

Listening to music is always part of my daily routine, I usually put my headset on every time I travel to work and back, go to school every weekends or every time I had a chance in between. My phone's music player never miss a single day without whirring loud my mp3 collections and with it, messy headset wires tangling all over. I have bought I think about 100 or more headsets ever since which where either lost because of my recklessness or damaged because of the unavoidable snags, that is why I took the effort this time to find a headset that would counter all my shortcomings regardless of its price and I end up buying the Jabra Street BT3030 Stereo Bluetooth Headset.


The main reason why I bought the headset was its stylish dog tag style necklace design. With this, I don't need to take it off after use, leave it just anywhere and end up losing it most of the time. Being a Bluetooth headset would mean that I don't have to attach the headset to my phone while inside my pocket making it snag free and enjoy a hands free system of answering phone calls or in tinkering music controls. Two of my worst problems solved.

Other advantages includes its excellent Bluetooth reception where the music doesn't chap or dissipate when used and had a long covered range, and that it has an exceptional sound quality which is bass deep, loud and clear, easily taking the spot as the best headset I've ever used. How loud is it, let just say my earwax trembles when I set it the loudest, crazy but true.

On the downside, the headset doesn't perform well power wise, of the specified 7 hour playtime, it only last for about 3 hours on me. Well, maybe because I set it too loud every time or that my unit might just be defective but in either way, I'm very disappointed. I've always been a staunch critic of devices that easily drains power, can't believe I bought one! My fault though, I should have read reviews first before buying it.

The price of the headset was also very expensive amidst the presence of aggressive competitors. Lets just say that for half its current price, a descent Bluetooth stereo headset could already be bought, though the competing headset doesn't have the coolness factor or the superior sound quality.

Concluding Thoughts

To capped things up, the Jabra Street is not only the best headset I brought in terms of music quality but also the best fitted, its just that it wasn't created perfectly living me no choice but to adjust to its weakness. In terms of its worthiness for purchase, it would now depend on the way consumers use it, if their more of a casual listener who plays music only once in while then this is more than worthy, heavy listeners on the other hand won't enjoy this long enough.

Full Specifications

Connectivity

Wireless Technology: DECT 1.9, supports the DECT (digital enhanced cordless telephony) 1.9 standard wireless technology. Wireless DECT standards vary depending on local legislation. Jabra DECT wireless headsets cover the most recognized DECT standards including European standard DECT and US DECT 6.0. If in doubt, check with your Jabra contact if you are using the correct standard.
- Talk Range (m): Up to 106 m, the maximum talk range is 106 meters
- Talk Range (feet): Up to 350 ft, talk range defines how far away you can be from the headset base and still be connected and carry on a conversation
- Operating System: Windows
- Connectivity: USB
- Conference call capacity: Not supported
- Jabra PC Suite: Yes, Jabra PC Suite enables remote call control with Jabra headsets and the latest generation of UC and IP softphones. Wireless headset users can answer and end calls away from their desk and softphone. With a corded headset, Jabra PC Suite gives you a number of remote call control functions either directly from your headset or from in-line buttons on the cord.The seamless integration between headset and softphone allows users to benefit from enhanced mobility and the ability to multitask while on a call. This freedom improves work efficiency and ergonomics throughout the day.


Speakers

- Frequency Response: Wideband|Narrowband
- Listening Mode: One ear, offers mono sound through one speaker

Microphone

- Microphone Type: Noise cancel, enhances call clarity by eliminating background noise from the office.
- Boom Arm Type: Midi, the midi boom arm has an enhanced wind noise reduction and a noise canceling microphone
- Mute function: Yes, mute gives you the option to mute/unmute the microphone directly on the device

Design

- Wearing Style: A headband is a fully adjustable, over-the-head wearing style, Ear hook or Over the ear is a flexible earhook that gently and comfortably holds the receiver to your ear
- Weight: 26 grams

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...