Apr 1, 2009

A Waging War; Nokia N86 8MP or Nokia N97, Part 1

The struggle lives on as June 2009 draws near, which phone to buy as my next upgrade to my omnipotent Nokia N82. Is it the camera centric Nokia N86 8MP or the touched slider QWERTY Nokia N97? Booth phones are the best in each segment and as to which segment shall I be wanting to be part next is very hard to choose. If only I can buy booth of them, I would, but surely I cant due to monetary constraints.

I will be dissecting each and every aspect and features of the two phone and grade them from 1 to 100, this is for me to have a clear picture base on each phones strenght and weakness. Which phone garners the most number of votes will win.

Form Factor:

Nokia N86 8MP is a 2 way slider with assisted spring mechanism, a form factor that I envy from Nokia N95 8GB and Nokia N85 and that I dreamt of using ever since because of the decicated multimedia buttons that it have on the upper side slider. I wanted to experience snapping my phone in two ways, up and down. I have always been a big fan of candybar form but preference changed for me big time.
Grade: 95.99

N97 on the other hand is horizontal tilt-slider, a new form factor from Nokia that exudes a different mobile screen view experience. It also give a snapping experience I wanted.
Grade: 90.01

Keys and Input Method:

N86 has the most improved design for this buttons specially in the lower T9 slide. Its a protruding flat top square buttons well laid next to each other which gives a welcoming and enticing impression of wanting to be press contrary to the small sharp buttons of N82. It will give a comfort, 100x better. The dedicated multimedia keys on the upper part give it a strong edge since I'm fun of using this keys for listening to music, wathing movies or playing games.
Grade: 90.07

N97 has with a full QWERTY keyboard, a form factor that i had lust ever since E90 specially when E71 came into picture. I have always been wanting to change my messaging experience to a faster and better way and QWERTY is the best option to attain this. Somehow this mechanism can help me write my blog post better when using my phone, can help me write text messages faster since T9 predictive text cannot be applied in our local language.
Grade: 98.99

Memory:

N86 has a RAM of 74.7 and a ROM of 77.0, a little disappointed in here since Nokia N82 have a RAM memory of as much as 83.4, but it counters with a massive Internal Memory of up to 16GB. I couldn't even use the as much as 4GB on my N82's memory card and this phone had a 8GB on its hardware and can support external memory of up to 16GB. Pretty impressive numbers for memory.
Grade: 86.90

N97 on the other habd has a RAM of 128 and ROM if 256, a very big difference from my old Nokia N82. This would only mean that N97 is capable to opening multiple and complicated application in a single time without logs. The Internal memory of this phone is rather superb, 32GB which can support external memory of up to 16GB. That well give us a 48GB storage all in all. Very Powerful!
Grade: 98.90

Up next, Data and User Interface, Power Management and Design.

1 comments:

Thank You for visiting c", Keep the Love Burning!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...