Sep 28, 2008

I'm I Ready For A Touchscreen Device?

A few post ago, I have tackle about a topic regarding the use of touchscreen devices, I have cited in that post that the use of touchscreen is not my forte since I'm more of a reality thinker, that touchscreen is difficult to used when your in a real world, when walking on the street or riding a bus, etc, we just cant use both hands in this situation. The screen of touchscreen interface devices tend to be wash out also in bright daylight, how can this be of use in the outside world, totally not.

Now, Nokia will launched its very first touchscreen device, the Nokia 5800 Express Music, well this affect my judgment on the argument? Frankly, I don't know yet, I still have to wait for the official performance of the device to see if it counters my negative impression on such devices when it comes to usability in real world, hopefully. I wouldn't be surprise if Nokia touchscreen interface will be easy to navigate even on the outside world like the use of one hand only among others, knowing Nokia, they have been giving us devices with the easiest interface that makes mobile communication simple than the rest. Hopefully, Nokia will also address the problem on screen brightness on broad daylight. So far with all the touchscreens that came out, nobody among them address this issues and I'm hoping that Nokia have made positive move on this.

I have to admit, I fall in love with Nokia 5800 Tube when I first saw the official image and I was indeed eager to own one. Design wise, its stylish, sleek and very attractive, the initial specs are not bad rather, it has GPS, Wifi, HSDPA, Geotagging, Bluetooth, Dual LED flash among others, the only major difference I believe will just be the Camera which contains only 3.2MP Carl Zeiss compared to the 5MP of the Nseries. It might lack also media support for videos or movies being marketed as a music centric device.

Anyways, let just wait for the official specs of this device when it comes out and whether it will address the issues thrown against touchscreen devices.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...