Sep 24, 2008

Nokia N82; Caution!!

Nokia N82 is a though device and can withstand physical abused but not internal.

My beloved phone have just been reflashed by Globe Telecom because it bugged down due to excessive software installation. In my case, the phone cannot send text messages due to full device memory. I thought it was just a Telecom malfunction since the problem was about text but they told me that it was due to a full device memory. It was an unexpected scenario because according to the phone details, I still have 50,000 KB to spend and their was basically no hang up as it was suppose to be since the memory was depleting but no signs of such.

To give you a brief background about the status of the phone that time, I have installed 21 themes on the device memory plus some softwares, maybe less than 6. I intentionally save it on the device memory because S60 devices have a problem specially with themes, that when you save it on the memory card, you wont be able to remove some of it because it will not appear on the Applications Manager nor in the memory card folders. Now I have to suffer the consequence, I lost all my save files on the device memory and even lost my memory card.

After the reflashed, the memory card malfunctioned, it locked up and was asking for a pin code that I haven't really set, I didn't even know that option rather. I called up Nokia Service Center about it and they told me that I have no choice but to reformat the card which will erase every file on it and so are my Navfone and Panorama softwares being save in the memory card themselves. Now I have to inquire with Nokia Service Center if they can restore the two softwares for me for free, booth are of much used.

Again BEWARE everyone, never trust the memory meter of your device, its not as accurate as it seem. As much as possible, store your installed software on the memory card and not on the device memory, all of them.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...