Nov 22, 2010

Is Nokia N8 A Blogger's Phone?

Been blogging for more than a year now, hobby that was created and inspired by life's unwavering challenges and circumstances on top of a legendary gadget that made it all possible, the Nokia N82, solid form factor, coloring and sketching the blog with its powerful 5MP Carl Zeiss camera and xenon flash.

Two years ago, I consider it an ultimate blogger device being the only gadget that could provide all my blogging needs; operating system and user interface that provides all my connectivity demands on the go, features and specifications that I could use to picturesquely detail my featured articles among others. Two years after it is still a very capable phone but definitely not the ideal having seen how the mobilephone market evolved then and now.

So back to the question, is Nokia N8 the ultimate blogger phone at the moment? Yes? and No?

Yes because...

...Nokia N8 is a very solid device, having an anodized aluminum case with a Gorilla glass touch screen, the phone could be use even in harshest condition, not that it can survive underwater but at least it can endure a storm.

...Nokia N8 has a stable Operating System and a socially connected user interface that could let users connect to every possible online media sites. If you want a video to be posted on youtube channel, N8 will take care of that in just few clicks or if you want images to be posted and save on flicker, its also a few process away.

...Nokia N8 could give blogger's the best connectivity options, Pentaband, GPRS, EDGE, 3G HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2.0 Mbps, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, UPnP technology
Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, USB On-the-go among others. Bloggers could access there blog anywhere, everywhere.

...Nokia N8 is no less that the best cameraphone in the market at the moment. 12MP Carl Ziess optics with 1/1.83'' sensor size sensor taking crisp and clear images, Xenon flash that champions night scenery, wide angle lens to cover more frames. Blogger's could never be wrong in posting the best images on the blog.

...Nokia N8 can capture the best video in the market, 720p HD quality with 25fps. Video blogging is very much possible, watchable in high definition.

...Nokia N8 has a very capable photo and video editor. Users can literally make a movie using the phone alone with all editing features such as effects, transitions and titles.

No because...

...Nokia N8's text input via a virtual pad is not enjoyable to use in writing stories, often you get lots of wrong presses and mostly the feeling of uncertainties in pressing screen. I tried it and it doesn't really works for me. I have also used SWYPE and I'm not also very comfortable with it. Having tried a lot of touchscreen phones, count the iPhone and Androids in, I still prefer a mechanical keyboard, or make that a mechanical QWERTY.

...Nokia N8 with the Symbian^3 is not blog posting friendly specifically because of its web browser. I tried posting article using the phone but it won't let me edit a draft article, its difficult to post images and its difficult to attached links. FYI, I find the S60v3 web browser on my Nokia N82 easy to use than the Symbian^3. With N82, I can post, cut, paste article easily than on N8.

So with all cards laid down, will the N8 became a blogger's phone like the N82? In my opinion, partly yes but generally no because as you notice the most important parts of blogging cannot be covered by the Nokia N8. To be very honest, I cannot even post a normal and usual article via Blogger on N8 no matter how I tried it.

And what's my definition of a perfect blogger's phone? Read it here!

1 comments:

Nokia N82 is really nice to have one. With the features it has, it might be a golden phone for me and you. There is a contest if you want N82 here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...