Dec 8, 2010

Nokia 5233 The First Impression

Look what I got here, a Nokia 5233, a semi entry level touchscreen phone which I brought from my cousin second hand to be given to my younger sister. The phone is currently being sold at PhP6,800 but my cousin sold it to me half the price making it the best valued position ever brought so far in my years of existence.

Well obviously, she didn’t know how capable the phone was that’s why she sold it cheaply but given two or more days of my frolicking, “ovi-fying” it to the fullest, she might regret selling it. ;) The phone still looks smooth, I was told that she doesn’t use it often having quite own quite a few.

The phone is a 5800 Xpressmusic minus the high grade plastic, the colored line on the middle of the sides and the grapy back cover. It was instead replaced with a thin plastic which is a scratch magnet but at least won’t creak like that of the 5800. But given this, the phone still gives a sturdy impression with its compact monobloc form factor. I actually missed the feel of it having hold the 5800 Xpressmusic like a year ago when I brought one for my elder brother. Ever since then it has become untouchable, more likely the same will happen as soon as I handed it to my sister.

Other alterations include the omission of an LED flash, camera which is now lowered to 2MP Camera, secondary camera, GPS, WIFI and 3G.

The phone runs a more stable Symbian 60 version 5 or the Symbian^1 operating system with a contact shortcut screen design same to that of the 5530 XpressMusic and kinetic scrolling.

To sum my impression up, the phone is very much the same to the 5800, given the fact that I has a very good impression to the 5800, this makes the phone quite a stunner itself. I had a different reason though why I was impress with the phone, its not because its well crafted or well built among other hardware positivism but because it carries quite some specific heavyweight features given its cheap price.

More of the phone in my upcoming posts, for the meantime, enjoy the following images.













2 comments:

hi im planing to purchase nokia 5233, is it a good phone? should i go for it??/ plz help me out guys im confused.

Hey dude!

The phone is a good buy if your looking for a reliable all rounder touch phone. It's as good as the high end phones minus everything that I mentioned on the post at a pocket friendly price. Go for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...