Aug 4, 2011

I'm Back and Catching Up!

Well, its quite obvious that I have not updated the blog for awhile, that because I lost my internet connection for 9 days due to a 5 day lapse of my due bill, yes believe it or not, only 5 days lapse and they cut my connection. That's how inhumane and inconsiderate PLDT MyDSL is when it comes to bills. Word of advice if you are from the Philippines and wants to avail a broadband connection? PLEASE! Don't consider getting PLDT MyDSL, it will cut your throat out in a second. I'm locked for the next 7 months to the service so I can't do anything about it at the moment, sad!

I missed quite a few in the web world, some important product launching, few events and a whole lot of nonsense social chattering, most importantly, the stuffs I often do online, blogging! Anyways, I'm doing a run down on stuffs that mattered.

Blog worthy News #1

The launching of the Nokia 500, an entry level touch screen smartphone that incorporates 1GHz processor (Nokia's fastest to date), 5MP camera, Symbian Ana (the latest and the most formidable Symbian operating system), the best of music and entertainment features and preloaded with Maps and turn by turn navigation, summing it up to become the most powerful entry-level smartphone in the market. And it even have an interchangeable back cover, reviving the grand old days of cover hunting and accessorizing.

Excluding any local taxes or operator subsidies, the Nokia 500 will cost just PhP9,000 (€150) before taxes and subsidies, and will be available from the third quarter of this year.

With a value for the money being widely considered, this phone earns my support since it would give the rest of the mass market a chance to own a powerful touchscreen device without compromise. I believe this will hit big in the market like the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic does 3 years ago.



Blog worthy News #2

Surprise, surprise! Nokia and Windows Phone announcing something BIG this August 17, 2011 in Cologne Germany, that would be 13 days from now. Well , the launching the very first Nokia Windows 7 Mango is inevitable but what surprise me was the time of launching, I never expected it to be this early as Nokia have been telling everyone that the phone will be ready Q4 this year and will be available early next year.

I believe the phone will be available in time for Christmas, when all the year end bonus and specials is up for grabs or even earlier. Hopefully I can trial one to compare with Nokia N8 and Symbian^3.

That will be all for now folks, there were more interesting and explosive articles on my dashboard, so stay tuned.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...