Oct 1, 2008

Nokia N82 Firmware Update!

For almost a month now, mobile phone enthusiast have been talking about the newest firmware update for Nokia N82, the 30.0.019 version and I'm happy to announce that the Philippine Code is already available for upgrade and I have upgraded mine.

It was actually a gruesome experience updating the software, I'm used to firmware update on my old Nokia 6233 before and haven't experience anything like it. I started upgrading my phone at around 9pm the other night. From the start it was okay, the upload of the new firmware to the device was fast not until the upgrading of the device software starts that the problem came up. It was like 6x that I was instructed to remove the battery and restart the process and then all of a sudden, the upgrade freeze at 24seconds left and it consume all my time that night. It was not until 1:00 am in the morning that I decided remove the phone connection amidst the warning that my phone might bugged down and incur damage if I interrupt the process but I have to take the risk since 5 hours have already past and the upgrade was still stuck on 24 seconds left scenario. Luckily the phone starts normally as if nothing happens, and I was relieved.

The next day, I took the courage to try the upgrade again and this time I did it. It was like a continuation of what happen last night, I was instructed to remove the battery twice and restart twice until it finished upgrading. I notice then that it was due to a software ADL something that made the upgrade difficult. Words of advice before upgrading, let your pc finish finding the ADL device software first before restarting the upgrade specially if its your first time to connect your phone using the usb cable. Its like a connectivity software in between your phone and pc. I believe it was the main reason why the upgrade was interrupted since after its complete installation on my pc, the upgrade went on smoothly. Also, you should connect a charger during the upgrade as the process consumes power heavily.

Initial changes that I notice, the phone works very fast now upon scrolling, sound using loudspeaker have improved, camera is faster, map was upgraded, mp3 player icons was change to blue, the autorotate is less sensitive which is a good stuff and I still need to scroll my phone more for changes. So far, I haven't found any bugs yet, I'll keep you updated for the change log.

2 comments:

please send me the link for the new software update for n82 and the code 2.. im here in philippines..
or mail me at belkens@gmail.com

thanks

belkens

dude waz up c",
you can upload the sofware using the Nokia Softwre Updater (NSU). you can upload this software at the nokia webpage.

after downloading, install this to the pc and open it, connect your phone to the pc and from there the NSU well give you the step by step instruction on how to upgrade..

no need for codes.. good luck c",

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...