Nov 5, 2010

My Nokia N82 Needs A Facelift

After two years and 3 months, thousands of taken images that inspired and oainted the blog, countless falls, excessive used and abused, my Nokia N82 have now look very punked! It will need a major-major Facelift for it to look good again and usable so I took it with me in my recent Business trip to the City of Golden Friendship, Cagayan De Oro City where a Nokia Care can be found.

Well I could say that I have learned, after the incident where I took my cracked N82 screen to a non authorized Nokia care and got a low quality dim emitting LCD replacement, I am not taking chances anymore.

Well it’s very expensive of course, with a warranty gone and original cosmetic replacement of everything in front and the back camera housing and LCD screen (I’m replacing it again because I can’t stand with the dim screen it emits) my initial bill reaches up to PhP7000 which is almost half of the current market price and almost the same price as a Nokia C3. Well I cannot afford it of course so I made some adjustments, let go of the back camera housing and it went down to PhP4600, still expensive but at least.

Here is the breakdown of prices per parts:

LCD Screen – PhP 2,100.00
Upper Front Screen – PhP 900.00
Middle Front area with DPAD – PhP 1,600.00
Camera Housing – PhP3,000.00

Huge numbers isn’t it? Well with a good phone such as the Nokia N82, reviving it is worthy, with the repair price tag, which of the current devices could topple the power of Nokia N82? …. I’m with you on that!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...