Apr 1, 2013

The Nokia Lumia 920 Chronicle: Day Shots

One of the best features of the Nokia Lumia 920 is the camera, the critically acclaimed PureView technology with Optical Image Stabilization, floating lens technology, 8.7MP Carl Zeiss optics, with f/2.0, 1/3” aperture and short pulse high power LED flash. Most technology sites even regarded it as the current King of cameraphones, unsurpassed even by the latest announced breed from competing brands, but will it fared the same under my watchful eye?


Well, I don't really have much credentials in reviewing camera performance having limited knowledge on its technicalities, all I can offer is a direct general approach being photo enthusiasts and a huge fan of cameraphones for the past 5 years. On the record, I have owned Nokia N82 and Nokia N8 both king of cameraphones in their respective eras, and tried a bunch of devices from different manufacturers. Currently, I'm looking for my next upgrade and been itching for the Nokia 808 PureView when it was announced, but lately, the Nokia Lumia 920 because of its innovative camera specs and features. To measure the phone's camera performance, I divided the camera tests into two, Night Shots and Day Shots.

As an initial thought, I'm not really expecting a lot from the Day Shot since by comparison to my Nokia N8, the Nokia Lumia 920 had a lower megapixel count, though it had a PureView technology but not as powerful as the Nokia 808 PureView. This was by the way my first to use a aforementioned camera technology.

Anyways, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, here are some of my personal favorites.

The Beach Front

Casa Redonda


Canto Del Viajero


The Blind Spot


Gumamela Up Close

The City Hall


Cathedral Under The Sun


Spiral On Top


Fantasy Land


Gloria de Dapitan

Well, I do admit, I was impress with the phones day shoot camera performance. Images were mostly dramatic that I just want to snap as many images beyond customary. Perhaps due to the PureMotion HD+ of the screen that images looks superlative on the phone, but besides, the camera mechanism intelligently adjust to the scenery enhancing important details that it still looks outstanding even on a computer screen. Now I know how the PureView technology works, its superior compared to my N8.

Up next, Night shots, and interestingly, this specific scenery built the credence for the phone among critiques, does it? Watch this space!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...